Skilled, Smart Defense Against Gun Charges And Other Weapons Offenses
In South Carolina, there are few legal barriers to prevent someone from lawfully purchasing a firearm. However, the state does regulate possession to a significant degree, including the requirement to obtain a carry permit, when applicable. As with nearly every criminal law and regulation, ignorance is not a defense. Therefore, what you don’t know can hurt you.
If you’ve been charged with a gun crime or any other weapons offense, you need the help of a skilled and knowledgeable attorney, which you can find at The Law Office of Brad C. Richardson, LLC. Attorney Brad Richardson has over 20 years of experience, including as a former prosecutor, and has been involved in thousands of criminal cases. He is the advocate you need to protect your rights and defend your freedom.
Ready To Help You Fight Any Weapons Charge
As an experienced lawyer, Mr. Richardson has helped clients contest or otherwise resolve a wide variety of weapons charges, including those related to:
- Castle Doctrine – stand your ground defense
- Possessing an illegal weapon (including a gun with the serial number removed)
- Illegally discharging a firearm (including shooting into a building or vehicle with people inside or likely to be inside)
- Possessing a gun as a juvenile (unless under the supervision of an adult instructor or parent/guardian)
- Possessing a firearm when legally barred from doing so (such as those convicted of a felony or those who are on parole or probation)
- Pointing a gun at or presenting (displaying) a gun to someone unless acting in self-defense, regardless of whether the gun is loaded or unloaded
- Possessing/carrying a gun without a license/permit
- Possessing a gun on school property
- Possessing a gun during the commission of a dangerous crime (like robbery)
For many of these offenses, context matters a great deal, and seemingly small details could mean the difference between conviction and acquittal. That’s one of the reasons why it’s important to seek the help of a skilled and knowledgeable attorney like Mr. Richardson.
Discuss Your Rights And Legal Options In A Free Consultation
With three office locations in Myrtle Beach, Conway and Marion, The Law Office of Brad C. Richardson, LLC, serves clients throughout the surrounding areas. If you’ve been charged with a gun crime or another weapons offense, don’t wait to seek legal help. Instead, contact Mr. Richardson to take advantage of a free consultation. Just call 843-773-2766 or submit an online contact form.