DRUG TRAFFICKING, MURDER AND WEAPONS CHARGES – DRUG CHARGES DISMISSED & CLIENT RECEIVED PROBATIONARY SENTENCE
– Client charged with Multiple counts of Drug Trafficking, Murder and Weapons charges in 2018 facing Life in Prison. After exhaustive review of discovery materials and many discussions with the prosecution, All drug charges were dismissed and client pled to a two weapons charges in May 2020 and received probationary sentence.
TWO COUNTS OF MURDER – CLIENT ACQUITTED
– Client charged with two counts of Murder and was facing a Life Sentence. After months of preparation client went to trial in November 2020. The State called numerous witnesses, including proffered co-defendants and expert witnesses. After six (6) days of trial and nine (9) hours of jury deliberations, my client was acquitted. Client was finally returned to his family after 27 months.
ASSAULT, ATTEMPTED MURDER – CLIENT GETS PROBATION
– Client was recorded on video shooting another man, admitted to the shooting and gave law enforcement the weapon used in the shooting. Charged with numerous offenses including attempted murder and assault and battery, first degree. Client faced a possible 100-year sentence. Allowed to plea to one count of assault and received a Youthful Offender Act sentence suspended to probation.
VIOLENT CRIME – CLIENT FACING 108 YEARS SENTENCE TO TIME SERVED
– Client charged with kidnapping; criminal domestic violence, high and aggravated; and numerous other charges. Client faced a possible 108-year sentence. Able to get the charges reduced to assault and battery, second degree, and receive a sentence of time served.
FELONY DUI – CLIENT SENTENCED TO HOUSE ARREST
– Client charged with felony DUI resulting in death. Bad facts with a high rate of speed and overwhelming evidence of guilt, so little choice but to plead. Client faced a possible 25-year prison sentence. Carefully worked the case and successfully argued to the court to allow client to serve a 30-month sentence on home detention – she did not have to go to prison.
SEXUAL ASSAULT AND KIDNAPPING – CASE DISMISSED
– Client charged in the alleged kidnapping and gang rape of an individual. Took on the case approximately 14 months after client was charged. Started by getting client’s bond modified to remove a GPS monitor. Worked the case and was able to prove the state’s case was fatally flawed – case dismissed.
DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE (DUI) – SUCCESSFUL RESULTS
– Multiple clients charged with DUIs, wherein clients’ cases were either dismissed or clients were allowed to plead to lesser charges with dismissals of their DUIs.
DRUG CHARGES – SUCCESSFUL RESULTS
– Many clients charged with drug offenses, including distribution, wherein the charges were either reduced or dismissed. One client facing 15 years in prison was allowed to plead to a misdemeanor charge (30 days) with a sentence of time served.
– Oftentimes a criminal conviction is not the answer. In many instances, I have been able to convince the prosecutor or court to allow clients to enter into diversion programs instead of receiving a criminal record.